CentOSPlus kernel available for testing

Thursday , 26, June 2014 20 Comments

The centosplus kernel for 7 is now available for testing. The kernel version is 3.10.0-123.el7 (GA kernel). You can download it from this site.

If you wonder what this kernel is for, please visit this earlier post.

Extra features enabled in the config file include some network adapters, BusLogic, IPX, Appletalk, and ReiserFS. TOMOYO and AppArmor are also enabled but SeLinux remains the default.

For more details, please see this post on the centos-devel mailing list.

Your feedback welcome either here or on the mailing list.

20 Comments
  • I love you guys, keep doing what you’re doing.

• перевел новость на русский может комуто будет интересно

• Teguh Aditya says:

where to download ISOs?

• linbit says:

Why no DRBD, since it is in the kernel now??

• Akemi Yagi says:

I suppose DRBD can be enabled in the plus kernel. But wouldn’t it need a utils package to be usable?

• George Machitidze says:

is DRBD available in RHEL7?

• Akemi Yagi says:

The RHEL-7 kernel includes the DRBD code but it is not enabled. Red Hat and LinBit have a partnership and you need to make an arrangement with LinBit (purchase) to get the DRBD support.

• Leslie Satenstein says:

I am in the process of building a LAMP system.

I would prefer maria.db to mysqldb and I am waiting for “systemctl”. I understand that the release is scheduled for within the next 30 days (1 august 2014. I am a new user.

I can write and write well. Let me know what help I can provide.

• John says:

I’ve noticed RHEL 7 has removed the e1000 Ethernet drivers. Will we be expecting to install them ourselves from elrepo? Or will they manage to be added into CentOS 7.

• Rom says:

Please include the forcedeth network driver.

• Andre Gompel says:

Please add as a kernel module in CENTOS-Plus the Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 driver, so many of the HP and DELL notebooks, WiFi using this chip will “just work, out of the box”.

A.G

• Akemi Yagi says:

Some modules are supported by the bcma driver. Find out the device IP pair using ‘lspci -nn’ and compair it against the output returned by:

grep -i 14E4 /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.alias | grep bcma

• Please give us your valuable comment